Thursday, July 1, 2010
1.Causative Verb

Definition
Sekumpulan kata kerja yg mengakibatkan objectnya melakukan sesuatu atau diperlakukan.
Macam-macam causative verb
1)Active causative
Apabila causative verb mengakibatkan objek melakukan sesuatu.
Rumus : S+MakeHaveGet+O+VbiVbiTo Inf
e.g – Hajir makes Muiz open the door
- they are having mada mop the floor
- wawan Got Dewi to wash his clothes
2)Passive causative
Apabila causative verb mengakibatkan objek diperlakukan
Rumus : S+HaveGet+O+V3
e.g – imam has the car washed
- fina is having her hair cut
- moza got the door closhed
- putri is getting the bike repaired by a’an


2.Question tag

Definition
Pertanyaan singkat (short Question) yang diletakkandibelakang pernyataan/statement.
Function : a. Meminta persetujuan
b. menegaskan
Aturan2 umum
1)Bila statementnya (+) maka tagnya (-)
2) (-) (+)
3)Tagnya harus disingkat
4)Subject tag harus berupa pronouns : they, we, I, you, he, she, it
Every
Some + Thing = it
Any
No



Every
Some + body or one = they
Any
no
Aturan2 khusus
1)Bila statementnya trdpt “to be”, gunakan “to be” U/ tagnya
e.g we are students, aren’t we?
2)Bila statement trdpt “Aux”, gunakan “Aux” U/ tagnya
e.g madah has got breakfast, has’t she?
3)Bila tensesnya berupa tenses simple present/simple past gunakan aux (do/does/did) U/ tagnya
e.g we always listen the music, don’t we?
We took a walk yesterday, didn’t we?
4)Bila statement terdapat kata :
Seldom hardly nobody/no one
Never few(sedikit) nothing
Rarely little

Maka tagnya harus (+)
e.g she seldom visits me, does she?
Nobody is perfect, are they?

5)Bila kalimat berupa kal perintah/imperative (+/-)maka gunakan “will you” U/ tagnya
e.g (+) memorize it, will you?
(-) don’t be late, will you?
6)Bila statement berupa kalimat ajakan/”let’s...” maka gunakan “shall we” U/ tagnya
e.g Let’s dance together, shall we?
Let’s close our program, shall we?
7)Bila statementnya trdpt kata “I am...”, maka gunakan “aren’t I” U/ tagnya
e.g I am visiting your house , aren’t I?
I am a student, aren’t I?
but : I am not a student, am I?

3.Eliptic sentence
1)Dengan adverb
a)So/Too (+)
e.g Laila goes to bali
Muis goes to bali
- laila goes to bali, and so does muis
- laila goes to bali, and muis does too
b)Either/Neither (-)
e.g laila doesn’t go to bali
muis doesn’t go to bali
Laila doesn’t go to bali, and muis doesn’t either
Laila doesn’t go to bali, and neither does muis
2)Dengan conjunction
a)s/o but s/o
e.g laila goes to bali
muis goesn’t to bali
laila goes to bali, but muis goesn’t

b)not only...s/o...but also...s/o (keduanya +)
e.g laila goes to bali
muis goes to bali
not only laila, but also muis go to bali
c)both...s/o...and ...s/o...(keduanya +)
e.g laila goes to bali
muis goes to bali
both laila and muis go to bali

putri loves tukul
putri loves ariel
putri loves both tukul and ariel
d)either...s/o... or ...s/o...(pilihan +)
e.g laila goes to bali, or
muis goes to bali
either laila or muis goes to bali

laila goes to bali
they go to bali
either laila or they go to bali1
e)neither...s/o...nor...s/o...(keduanya -)
e.g laila doesn’t go to bali
muis doesn’t go to bali
neither laila nor muis goes to bali

kal nominal : moza was not handsome
tio was not handsome
neither moza nor tio was handsome

kl objeknya beda : marshanda doesn’t like moza
marshanda doesn’t like wawan
marshanda like neither moza nor wawan

contoh soal
a.cinta laura rejected imam
pok atik rejected imam
both cinta laura and pok atik rejected imam

b.eli didn’t like muiz
eli didn’t like baim wong
eli liked neither muiz nor baim wong

c.yuni will kiss the rabbit
mada will kiss the rabbit
yuni will kiss the rabbit, and so will mada

d.hajir hasn’t come to the party
they haven’t come to the party


e.ratih was an artist
dipta was not an artist
ratih was an artist, but dipta wasn’t

f.bening hasn’t taken a bath
ida hasn’t taken a bath
bening hasn’t taken a bath, and ida hasn’t either

g.ummah would have marry deddy combuzer
eka would have married daddy combuzer
ummah would have marry dedy combuzer, and eka did too

h.tio doesn’t want to kiss celsea
tio doesn’t want to kiss luna maya
tio wants kiss neither moza celsea nor luna maya

4.Direct and indirect speech
Direct speech (kal lansung)
Main clause (MC) : he says, he will say, he has said, he said etc.
Sub clause (SC) : “....”
Indirect speech (kal t’lansung)
Main clause (MC) : he says etc.
Sub clause (SC) : menggunakan conjunction
=>1. Statement (that = bahwa)
2. yes/no Question(if/whether = apakah)
e.g : D : he says to me, “i will treat you”
ID : he says to me (that) he will treat me
Aturan2 Direct and indirect
a)Bila MC-D berupa tenses : -simple present (he says)
-simple future (he will say)
-present perfect (he has said)
Maka SC-ID mengalami perubahan=> pronouns
i.Perubahan pronouns
Jika SC-D berupa, I, me, my,...., mine, myself=>S-MC
Jika SC-D berupa, you, your,...., yours, yourself, yourself=>O-MC
e.g : D : he says to her, “I am going to your house now”
ID : he says her (that) he is going to her house now

D : she says to me, “my sister is your teacher”
ID : she says to me (that) her sister is my teacher

D : he says to me, “your mother is busy”
ID : he says (that) my mother is busy

ii.Bila MC-D berupa tenses : simple past (he said), maka SC-ID mengalami 3 perubahan : -pronouns
-tenses
-adv of time
Perubahan tenses

ID
D ID
ID
Past perfect
Simple past
Simple present
Past perfect continuous
Past continuous
Present cont

*Past perfect
Present perfect

*Past perfect continuous
Present perfect cont
Past future perfect
Past future
Simple future
Past future perfect continuous
Past future continuous
Future continuous

*Past future perfect
Future perfect

*Past future perfect cont
Future perfect continuous
* = Perubahan adv of time : di future condition
e.g : D : he says, “my TV is broken”
ID : he says that his TV is broken

D : “I am drinking your tea on my desk”, she says to him
ID : she says to him (that) she is drunking his tea on my desk

D : he will says to her, “yours has been mine”
ID : he will says to her that hers has been his

D : “your sister is visiting my brother”, she has said to me
ID : she has said to me that my sister is visiting her brother

D : he says to me, “your friends are my junior”
ID : he says to me (that) my friends are his junior

D : they say to may, “you don’t have money”
ID : they say to may that may/she don’t have money

D : he said to me, “I will visit you tonight”
ID : he said to me that he would visit me that night

D : she said to him, “your sister phoned me yesterday”
ID : she said to him that his sister had phoned her the day before
b)Macam-macam sub clause
i)Statement (berita)
-menunjukkan conjunction=> that/banwa
Note :
a.bila SC-D berupa kebenaran umum/general truth, maka SC-ID tdk mengalami perubahan walaupun MC-D bertenses simple past.
e.g : D : the teacher said, “the earth revolves to the sun”
ID : the teacher said that the earth revolves to the sun

b.bila SC-D berupa k2k bersamaan, maka SC-ID bisa mengalami perubahan tenses/tdk berubah
e.g : D : she said, “I was watching TV while I was eating”
ID : she said that she had been watching TV while she had been eating
Or, she said that she was watching TV while she was eating
c.bila SC-D berupa k2k berurutan, maka SC-ID mengalami perubahan tenses, khusus pada kejadian I saja
e.g : D : he said, “when I was having a dinner, somebody came”
ID : he said that when he had been having a dinner, somebody came
ii)Question (tanya)
a.Bila MC-D menggunakan “say”, maka MC-ID “ask/wonder”2, “inquire, want to know”3
b.Ubah menjadi kalimat berita (+), bukan ka (?)
1)Yes/no Question
Menggunakan conjunction if/wether (apakah)
e.g : D : he says to me, “do you like english?”
ID : he asks me if i like English

D : she said to him, “did you live in a dorm?”
ID : she asked him if he had lived in a dorm

D : he said to her, “have you known my house?”
ID : he asked her if she had known his house
2)WH-Question
Menggunakan conjunction WH-Question
e.g: D : he says to her, “where is your house?”
ID : he asks her where her house is

D : she said to me, “why do you live in a dorm?”
ID : she asked me why I lived in a dorm
D : he said to her, “why do you leave me?”
ID : he asked her why she left him

iii)Imperative (perintah)
a)Bila MC-D menggunakan “say” berubah menjadi future condition
b)Tidak mengalami perubahan walaupun MC-D simple past
1)Imperative positive
MC+to infS+V+O+to inf
e.g : D : she said, “study hard re !”
ID : she asked rere to study hard

D : he said, “close the door moza !”
ID : he asked moza to close the door
2)Imperative negative
MC+NOT + TO INFS +V+O+NOT+to infS +Forbide+toinf+O

e.g : D : he said, “don’t be late !”
ID : he asked not to be late
He forbade to be late

D : she said, “don’t leave me alone !”
ID : she asked not to leave her alone
She forbade to leave her alone

D : he has said to me, “when did you come?”
ID : he has asked me when I came

D : “where is your apartment ?” she says to him
ID : she asks him where his apartment is

D : he said to her, “where is the nearest bank?”
ID : he asked her where the nearest bank was

D : “you can visit me in this weekend”, he said to me
ID : he said to me that I could visit him in that weekend

D : he said, “is that okay?”
ID : he asked if that was okay